This is a simple 1 pot meal!
1-Pot Beef Heart Goulash (Gluten-free)
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- drizzle pomegranate molasses, optional
- 1 teaspoon organic oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground organic turmeric/curcumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground organic ceylon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cocao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice powder
- 2 teaspoons organic chili powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 quart spring water, tea (I like chaga), and/or chicken stock, more as needed
- 1 (18 to 23 ounces) jar organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 bell peppers, chopped (I used a mix of colors)
- 1 to 2 pounds top sirloin grass-fed steaks, chopped and seasoned with salt
- 1 pound grass-fed beef heart, trimmed of silver skin, chopped, and seasoned with salt*
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grass-fed (unsalted) butter
- 9 ounces gluten-free pasta
- 6 to 8 ounces grass-fed cheddar cheese, grated
- Blend the garlic, pomegranate molasses, spices, tomato paste, liquid of choice, tomatoes and sea salt together. Whoops, so you use a blender and a pot to make the dish. Still easy cleanup.
- Transfer the blended mixture to a big pot or a beautiful Dutch oven, and simmer it for about 30 minutes, while you prep the vegetables and beef.
- Once the veggies and meats are prepared, add them to the Dutch oven, along with the butter.
- Let this barely simmer for an hour or so. Taste and season with sea salt, if needed.
- Stir in the pasta, cover the pot, and cook for 10 minutes or more (stirring once or twice to ensure all noodles are cooking). You can add a bit of water (or other liquid), if you think it needs it.
- Once noodles are cooked, add the cheese and cover for a minute to let the cheese melt. Oh, and if you have some fresh herbs, chop them and toss on top for a vibrant finish.
We have Beef heart, and your sirloin steaks available as well as pre-cut stew meat if you prefer a little quicker version. You can re-freeze heart in smaller chunks for later use if you like.